Question

Tutor
R_rk06
Message 1 of 4 (359 Views)
Accepted Solution

What does a message stating that AMD display driver failed and recovered successfully mean ?

Sir ,

Recently when I changed the wallpaper of my HP G6 2231tx notebook , a message stating that " AMD display driver failed and successfully recovered " appeared and my display freezed for few seconds. Is this some kind of hardware issue. And mine is a new machine. Will this problem persist. Is there any remedy for this kind of issues.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

Re: What does a message stating that AMD display driver failed and recovered successfully mean ?

Unfortunately, that is a normal occurrance on virtually all Windows desktop PCs and notebooks that have Radeon HD graphics adapters and modules. It means that the driver crashed but the operating system recovered it and it is working again.

Yes, it will happen again. I recommend that you keep an eye on the driver download section under AMD graphics driver in the web support portal for your notebook for updates.

You can also just run the Tune-up application in the HP Support Application one a month. The HPSAwill advise you if there are updates available and help you to install them.

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
R_rk06
Message 3 of 4 (324 Views)

Re: What does a message stating that AMD display driver failed and recovered successfully mean ?

Similarly one of the tiny pixel on my display turned red all the time, will this have any connection with issue of the driver. Or is it the problem of my display. And I would like to know whether more pixel will have similar problem in future. Is there any remedy for this issue since mine is a new notebook.
Provost
erico
Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is unlikely to have any connection with the driver issue. The display is hardware and the display driver is software.

Check the LCD graphics defect criterion on the web support portal for your notebook.

****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation