What graphics card do i have? (344 Views)
Top Student
gre123123
Message 1 of 5 (344 Views)

What graphics card do i have?

Hi,

I am new to the community, and I love love love my dv5-1235dx.

Does anyone know what graphics card I have-more importantly, can I do a "TV OUT" capability? I am going to get a converter to put my screen to a TV screen. Before I buy a converter, I want to know if my card even has that capability..

All I can tell is that its a Mobile Intel 4 chipset family..I have aVGA output and a monitor output, but no s-video output. Can anyone help? thanks so much!!!!!!!

Garrett

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (341 Views)

Re: What graphics card do i have?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

From its specs, it has: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. It should be able to put out to a full HD TV.. By the way, it has HDMI port therefore you only need 1 cable if your TV also has HDMI port(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 5 (340 Views)

The Specs page for your laptop is HERE The vga output should connect to a tv which has a vga connector, but best results would be obtained by using the HDMI (picture & sound) if your tv has that type input connector.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Top Student
gre123123
Message 4 of 5 (287 Views)

Thank you guys so much. That is very helpful. So now that I know this, I need a converter, correct? I do not have a VGA input on my TV and I have 1 tv that doesn't have HDMI Input.  My DVD Player has a HDMI on the back, but I would assume that its an output instead of input. 1 tv does have hdmi so im good there, but what kind of converter should I get? I have a low budget as you can see im a student.

Should I try to get a VGA>RCA Video converter

or should I get a HDMI>RCA converter? Low Buget

Big Thanks to the helpful people in this community

Provost
CherylG
Message 5 of 5 (284 Views)

[ Edited ]

As mentioned by banhien earlier_ your laptop has HDMI port therefore you only need 1 (HDMI) cable if your TV also has HDMI port.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button on the left is a way to say Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation