Question

Top Student
5JaneEleven5
Message 1 of 4 (2,581 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why don't my desktop icons stay where i put them?

My laptop is an HP Pavillion DV7-3164cl, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.  My question is a simple one I am sure, but i can't figure it out.  I arrange my desktop icons to the places I want them, I turn off the computer and when I turn it back on, the icons have gone back to their columns on the left side of the screen,  How do I keep them where I want them?

Thanks for any help!  Janell

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (2,570 Views)

Re: Why don't my desktop icons stay where i put them?

Hi,

I think just untick the option should fix this

desktop.png

Hope this helps

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
5JaneEleven5
Message 3 of 4 (2,560 Views)

Thanks for your suggestion.  I had tried that but appreciate your time in trying to help me solve this.  It actually did help.  When I went back to the box you sent a picture of, I noticed the refresh choice.  I re-arranged my icons once again, hit refresh, re-started my computer and they stayed where I had put them!!  Problem solved.

Honor Student
JackGr
Message 4 of 4 (687 Views)

I found that just the opposite is true......if I have "Auto Arrange Icons" unchecked and "Align Icons to Grid" checked, it keeps whatever arrangement of the icons that I choose, locked in place, even after reboot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation