Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Are we ever going to get Windows 10 compatible drivers for Intel 3600 Graphics, both me and my wife have the same model of HP Mini, so as you will appreciate we are going to be totally hacked off if we aren't going to be able to upgrade our 2 year old netbooks to Windows 10! Any advice apart from the usual "buy a new lapop" would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W7 driver for the graphics adapter from your notebook's support and driver page.

Try manually installing the driver if the auto install doesn't work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W7 driver for the graphics adapter from your notebook's support and driver page.

Try manually installing the driver if the auto install doesn't work.

HP Recommended

I will take that to mean that there are absolutely no plans to supply a dedicated driver for Windows 10 at all, never mind, I will try your suggestion before I give up altogether and accept Windows 7 for ever!

HP Recommended

That would be correct.

While I am not employed by, nor do I represent HP, I can guarantee you nobody will be developing W8, W8.1 or W10 drivers for that gpu.

However there is a chance the W7 driver will work.

They didn't develop one for my HP nc6400 notebook (which only has support for XP and Vista), and I am running W10 on it just fine by using the W7 graphics GMA 950 driver that I got from Intel.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul, you are spot on, I installed from an image and it is working perfectly thanks, the wife is smiling again, she hated that thought that I might be able to use 10, and her not!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

HP Recommended
Hello. I'm not sure whether a new build of Windows 10 is the problem but your solution no longer works. BSOD on start up after restarting - or just after driver installation has completed (and I've tried different driver versions, running in admin, running in compatibility mode, running in safe mode etc etc). Search engine results and a more recent Tweet reveal that Intel has given up on producing a Windows 10 GMA 3600 driver. Very disappointing.

Really, really, really need HP TO HELP US NOW. Please help HP!

Also irritating is that my mother's older series hp mini is happily running Windows 10 on GMA with the Microsoft WDDM drivers.

Pity that the Mini 210 4000 series is left in the cold on this issue.......
HP Recommended
Any advice Clive? Like my other unanswered post above - I have had no luck with this existing solution.

Regards
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.