Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just updated by HP Pavilion dv6 with a AMD Radeon HD 6620G graphics card to Windows 10. First problem display driver 15.200.1062.1002 fails to install during AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 update display package for Windows 10 . Windows Device Manage show the driver installed is 15.200.1045.1. When I check for updated drivers Windows tells me the .1045 one is the latest.  But the big problem is none of the Windows 10 Getting Started videos will not run correctly. Some just play audio, some tell me the video couldn't be decoded.  Adobe site tell me I have the latest version of flash.  I even started Internet Explore went to Advanced options and check the option to not use the GPU.

HELP!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved  all the video problems by installing AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Win 8.1. 

Here is the link for the driver: 

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I'm having the same AMD catalyst issue!

HP Recommended

Same problem here. On Windows 7 the 15.7.1 installed the latest driver for both vga.

HP Recommended

same here I just upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to play a video it will not let me all it shows is ome pixilated mess and or a green screen or black screen, when I had tried to download the AMD program earlier it said no driver found.

HP Recommended

Solved  all the video problems by installing AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Win 8.1. 

Here is the link for the driver: 

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

HP Recommended

his was tried, said program would not load since driver was not found, had to remove the Edge Browser that came with Windows 10 since for some reason it is not compatible with YouTube, so had to apply another browser.

HP Recommended

Perfect!!! Every thing it´s ok now. Thanks

HP Recommended

click on the gear in Internet exploreer . upper.right hand corner ....go down to internet options click on it..when it opens ....click on the advance tab and check Use Hardware Rendering....now click apply at the bottom and ok.....You will be able to watch videos in edge and internet explorer and as well as microsoft store

HP Recommended

i cant get that setting to show up in internet explorer.  it is greyed out.  Is that due to Edge being on the machine?

HP Recommended

waynegibns wrote:

click on the gear in Internet exploreer . upper.right hand corner ....go down to internet options click on it..when it opens ....click on the advance tab and check Use Hardware Rendering....now click apply at the bottom and ok.....You will be able to watch videos in edge and internet explorer and as well as microsoft store

Simple and brilliant. I have made extensive searches of Microsoft but found no help. Well done 'waynegibns'

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.