Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am using "Windows 8" on my "HP Pavilion DV6 6119tx" , it was came preinstalled win7, but after upgrading to win8 my graphic card have stopped working. I have tried capability mode but i was not helpful and i am using win8 from when it was consumer preview from then only my graphic card is not working so its been more tan six months. In device manager graphic card properties it says that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". And HP live support assistent says that driver for your loptop will come soon but its too much time for me. So if Hp or anyone who knows the solution can help me on this soon.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey guys I have found the solution for my graphic card in here...
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/486908-drivers-hp-dv6-3xxx-dv7-4xxx-envy-1...
Hope it works for you guys to, Good Luck, Enjoy.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi:

I cannot find any W8 drivers for the 7400M, but I did find this W8 driver for the 7450M.

You may want to see if this works for your notebook.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=ob-112...

HP Recommended
Thank You Paul but its not working.
HP Recommended

I too face the same problem, have tried updating from AMD website but still it does not work.

HP Recommended

i also have same case, try to use HP support assistant on your guide CD. and then find what the problem is and how to fix that.

Capture.PNG

and how to fix.

hp support.PNG

HP Recommended
Thank you Zarroban but it didn't solved my problem.
HP Recommended

Hey guys I have found the solution for my graphic card in here...
http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/486908-drivers-hp-dv6-3xxx-dv7-4xxx-envy-1...
Hope it works for you guys to, Good Luck, Enjoy.

HP Recommended

Driver da placa de rede, all

HP Recommended

driver da placa de rede, modem e atualizações

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have found a solution for this problem associated to amd 7400M series in Windows 8.

Even I had a similar problem and I tried over various steps to resolve this issue but I could not find one but today I had found a soultion for this issue. I hope that this method works for you.

Do proceed after completely reading the post.

Step 1: Download the 'AMD Video Driver and Control Panel' corresponding to your laptop model no from the Hp website.

After downloading donot install it imediately. Go to step 2
My model no is Hp ProBook 4530s and the download link for the amd driver is 'http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=in&prodTypeId=32...'

Step 2: Go to device manager and there under 'Display Adapters' you will be able to locate the amd hardware with a yellow exclamation mark.

Step 3: Now select 'AMD 7400' and then right click on it.

Step 4: After right clicking click on 'uninstall'. It will uninstall any previously found driver. Upon installing AMD will disapper from under the 'Display Adapters'.

Step 5: Now again in the device manager locate 'Display Adapters', and righ click on it, and select 'Scan for harware changes'. Now your AMD harware will be properly shown without any error message.

Step 6: Now install the previously download file in the Step 1 so that your AMD control center will be installed and so your switchable graphics card works fine.

Note: Do add Kuddos if these steps really solves your issue. It is a kind request so that I can know that my post really helped people. I have takem 20 minutes to type this post for you. I kindly request you to take a second to given kuddos

With Regads,
Shafeeq Ahmed

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.