Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Specs:

Windows 8 64-bit OS

dv7 series Laptop w/ swithable graphics

ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5000 Series & Intel HD Graphics Display adapter

I'm a .NET software developer and I'm using the RTM version of Windows 8 that was released to MSDN on 8/15/12 to program new applications. I am currently unable to connect a monitor to my laptop via HDMI because there is not a driver for my ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5000 series card that works with Win8. I have contacted AMD and they do not plan to provide us with a driver for laptops with switchable graphics:  "We at AMD do not have drivers for notebooks with switchable graphics. You would need to contact your laptop manufacture directly to see if they can supply a beta driver for your laptop that’s Windows 8 compatible."

Do you have or will you soon have a driver for laptops with switchable graphics and windows 8? Programming with a single laptop monitor isn't my idea of a good day at work. I'd even be willing to try out anything you have that's beta at this point.

Thanks,

Brandi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally found legitimate drivers that work for my dv7-4280!! After installing them, I can swith between both cards and use the CCC to configure the AMD card. Make sure you remove all existing video drivers first.

I'm using http://www2.ati.com/Drivers/mobile/12-10_mobility_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql_net4.exe

I found it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/486908-drivers-hp-dv6-3xxx-dv7-4xxx-envy-1...

Look here for your laptop model: http://forum.notebookreview.com/hp-drivers-software-forum/

Hope this helps you guys!

PS - My laptop was purchased in Feb. 2010 so don't give up hope just because you don't meet the Oct. 2011 deadline.

~ Brandi

View solution in original post

707 REPLIES 707
HP Recommended

Specs:

Windows 8 64-bit OS release preview

dv6 series Laptop w/switchable graphics

ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5000 Series & Intel HD Graphics Display adapter

I've been having this same problem for a while now and don't seem to be able to find a solution for it.

HP Recommended

Same problem, HP must do something. I have Pavilion dm4 3000et Beats Edition and HD7470M graphics card with Intel 3000 Family.

Windows 8 doesn't use ATI card, I tried also 12.8 drivers but no chance. Windows uses Intel card in games, application, everything. I alsa fixed graphics card settings in BIOS, still same. On Windows 7, when I fixed graphics card, system uses ATI card. You can find out that using GPU-Z Render Test..

HP, hear us, and find a solution by customizing ATI Mobility 12.8 Drivers..

HP Recommended

Spec: HP Pavilion DV6 I7 with AMD hd6490 1gb and intel hd 3000-

Sorry HP but am a new customer as far as HP laptops go, have HP printers and have been using win 8 from the pre rtm stages.Am running win 8 rtm and after 3 pre-releases of beta software (that is going to impact many HP customers) as of date there are still no HP drivers for switchable graphics and printers with scan.

As an HP client I feel rather left out as I would expect a PC manufacturer to release at least beta drivers for beta OS software that is to be released within 2 months and after 3 public beta cycles-

The web is filled with HP customers that feel the same way....Is it not time to do something about it?

Please release at least beta drivers for win 8.

All the best an unhappy HP customer...

HP Recommended

I have a Envy 14 Beats 2000 (2011 model) with the Radeon 6630M switchable grahics.  I installed Windows 8 and grabbed the ATI graphics installation from HP Support.  It installs, but causes the desktop to flash and be unusable.  AMD's support didn't provide anything, like others hae said.

Windows 8 drivers, please!

HP Recommended

HP Envy 17 here. Same issue as everyone else. I have Windows 8 Enterprise full version that was just released through MSDN. Everything works great but can't seem to get a correct video driver. Would GREATLY apreciate an update soon. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Yet another affected machine here. I've got a dv3-2390eo that would be perfect for Windows 8 as it's got a touch screen.

HP Recommended

Spec:

Windows 8 - 64bit

Model: HP Pavilion dv6-6001tx Entertainment Notebook PC

Graphic: AMD radeon HD 6700M + Intel

Is there any drivers for AMD radeon HD 6700M?

HP Recommended
I have the same problem, HP Pavilion dv6 with INTEL/AMD 6770M.

Though I'm seeing reports of success over here:
http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/7088-win-8-amd-switchable-graphics-faq-intel-amd-3000-6770m...

with "hacked" drivers from over here:
http://leshcatlabs.net/

I'm about to try myself...
HP Recommended

Woow! It worked! I doubted it but it really worked! Thanks.. 

But on the other side we still need updated drivers for Windows 8.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.