Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
btw : have no ide why my text keeps showing up in one large paragraph. That's not the way I type it. Or the mistakes that seem to show up. OH well.
HP Recommended

@HOODY wrote:
lol well get ready to be welcomed to the PO'd HP/AMD club 🙂

Ironically enough, it works just fine on my desktop, which is a year older than my laptop.  I had every driver available to me.

HP Recommended

Just solved my problem with AMD/AMD cards.

Radeon HD 6370 with onboard Radeon 4200 series.

Downloaded and installed this:  AMD Catalyst™ Driver for the Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 Series on Windows® 8

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalystlegacywin8.aspx

Offboard card working pretty well (scored 6.2 on Gaming Graphics), card switch is working too (although when you go back to the offboard card Metro UI gets a little (a lot) messy.

HDMI output is fully functional too.

HP Recommended

@Otávio wrote:

Just solved my problem with AMD/AMD cards.

Radeon HD 6370 with onboard Radeon 4200 series.

Downloaded and installed this:  AMD Catalyst™ Driver for the Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 Series on Windows® 8

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalystlegacywin8.aspx

Offboard card working pretty well (scored 6.2 on Gaming Graphics), card switch is working too (although when you go back to the offboard card Metro UI gets a little (a lot) messy.

HDMI output is fully functional too.

Dunno how you managed to do this.

I tried to install it, but the Catalyst don't show up option to install the Video Drivers, only the Catalyst and other things.

So, I tried to install it alone, manual mode, via devices manager and after i got the HD4250 installed, the 6370M got an exclamation point. Also, the colors got messed up, too much brightness and **bleep**...

Maybe I need to make things different, but I don't want to waste more of my time in this **bleep**. I really hope that HP leak new (working and tested) drivers for us.

HP Recommended
@MalarKeY007

Before installing Catalyst 12.6 I did install the Radeon 6370 driver from Windows Update, wich got me a big blue screen of death. After that I installed catalyst. Maybe that's it.

HP Recommended

Hi there. I've trawled through this thread to no avail with my problem. I have a db6-6b51ea and I upgraded to Windows 8 this morning. When I was on Windows 7, I have to ability to switch between High Performance (AMD) and Power Saving (Intel) graphics cards. Now on 8, I just seem to have limited functionality of Catalyst Control Center and NO option to switch graphics cards. I flashed a new BIOS update and the options to change between Fixed and Dynamic mode is still there in BIOS (it's on Fixed right now as it's always been) but I'm not getting anywhere. Can anybody provide a resolution? It'd be much appreciated. The built-in in Intel 3000 HD and the dedicated is AMD Radeon HD 6490M.

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

download this one and install - ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58501-59000/sp58788.exe

all your probs will be solved ( windows 8 driver for 6490M )

HP Recommended
@Spicemaster01

Thanks! Downloading now. I might have already used this, but I'll give it another go. This time, I've removed all instances of the AMD software. I've just noticed that having done so, Windows 8 is recognising it as a 7400M. How odd.

Should I uninstall the device from Device Manager anyhow, restart then install the driver you just provided? Have you had any success with it?

Cheers!
HP Recommended

I don't want to toot my own horn just yet, but I think I fixed HP's broken HP Envy 15 3000 series drivers for Windows 8.

Sill testing.

HP Recommended

Anyone get the AMD mobile radeon 5650 working with Intel graphics switching? I can only get the Intel graphics to work. AMD doesnt.. tried those links through the notebookreview to no avail.. very annoying! 😞

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.