Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yup, worked for me too. Not 100%, but it's definitly using the AMD card now.

Come on HP, how about updating your drivers!

Come to think of it, this is a common problem for laptops. Every vendor seems to have made mods so that you can't use the generic AMD/Nvida drivers and then when the laptops' about 1 year old, they stop updating the drivers... Such a pain.

Plus, I went through the same problem with my old laptop (Dell D800 with Nvidia GeForce 4200M) a screamer, in it's day, on WinXP, but no GFX drivers for Vista/Win7 😞

HP Recommended
LESHCATLABS.NET's 12.8 drivers works better, but you must select Dynamic option for Switchable Graphics Mode on BIOS before installation. (They removed 12.8 driver package from web site for fixing Fixed Mode.)
HP Recommended

Yes, we need an updated driver from HP for DVD6T quad with 6770m.

Catalyst 12.8 should work, regardless of it is to be used on Win7 or Win8.

HP should release this soon.

HP Recommended

Has anyone been able to get the video drivers going on Windows 8 RTM on an Envy 14 1xxx?

HP Recommended

I've the same problem with my 6160se (amd 6770m and intel hd 3000). I downloaded the latest intel hd driver and installed it and worked properly. But as I install the 6770m driver, the screen flashes and goes to login (switch user) screen and never gets back to the desktop although I click on my user account for logging in. ( As I click on my user account, it begins loading and tries to login, but it cannot and then it gets back to the green screen with a building!!!)

HP Recommended

I have the same notebook as you except mine is equipped with a ATI 5470 graphics card.....My notebook was using the 5000 series drivers so I went into device manager & switched the drivers over to the 5470 & the 2nd display worked perfectly. (Also using windows 😎

HP Recommended

How could you switch to your ati card through the device manager? :robotmad:

HP Recommended

Go to device manager click on display adapter click on the driver your system is using a box should come up with the driver info click on driver tab then click update driver....another box should come up with a few options to look for the driver I picked the one that said look for drivers on this computer. If you have a video card installed it should find it. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Aha.. The procedure you're pointing to is one of the ways of installing the driver and everybody knows it I think.

I thought you can SWITCH to your card from there :LaughingTears:

I want to install the Catalyst and adjust it to reach to my favorite graphics quality and performance. Installation of the driver is not enough. In fact, driver without catalyst is something like {Content Removed} :Crying:

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestions, but the issue is that it won't install drivers for the ATI card at all. There is an error in the device manager:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

I've tried all combinations of drivers including Leshcats, without any success at all. I think we need at least a workaround from HP support for us Windows 8 users.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.