Youcam cannot connect to my webcam (5581 Views)
Student
AndyP01
Message 1 of 3 (5,581 Views)

Youcam cannot connect to my webcam

I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 notebook which I have only had for a few months. 

Today I have tried to use video chat on MSN but I have a message that appears which tells me Youcam cannot connect to my Webcam Hp 101 and I need to capture another device in the settings or close any applications that may be using Youcam.

I don't have any other programs running and when I look for another device to capture within the settings only the Webcam Hp101 is listed.

I'm not very good at this computer stuff so if there is anyone out there who can offer a glimmer of hope It would be gratefully received and appreciated.

Distinguished Professor
Cyclops
Message 2 of 3 (5,568 Views)

Re: Youcam cannot connect to my webcam

Unfortunate, there is no silver bullet, based on the information we have here... we will need to do some digging to find out what has gone wrong....to start with, can you check in device manager if HP webcam is listed under imaging Devices?

At the same time, Here is link, that will guide you thru some basic troubleshoot related to this issue as well...http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c02452221

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Student
ammninia
Message 3 of 3 (3,547 Views)

Re: Youcam cannot connect to my webcam

hello

cyberlink youcam not connecten error is hp webcam 101 can not support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation