Question

Student
roseaa2
Message 1 of 2 (427 Views)

amd radeon 6620g does not work on my hp pavilion dv6. only had this computer for 5 months. help!

I have only had my computer for 5 months and within 3 months of having it I had a constant error message saying my AMD Radeon driver does not work. Because of this problem I cannot use several items on my computer. My webcam does not work, I cannot lower my brightness on my computer, my computer does not hibernate (there is no hibernate option anymore), I don't have the transperant windows, and I have been restricted from playing games and watching lengthy videos on my computer. I sat on the phone with hp for 4 hours and recieved no form of help. I am trying to find a solution myself but I am a college student who knows very little about computers. This problem is frustrating and I need help finding a fix!

Intern
Scoustar
Message 2 of 2 (421 Views)

Re: amd radeon 6620g does not work on my hp pavilion dv6. only had this computer for 5 months. help!

I'm having some similar (if far worse) problems - my ATI Radeon 6490M simply won't allow my laptop to function at all. Every boot-up is a lottery now. Very frustrating!

From what I've read here (and tried in every form I can find) you should follow the following steps:

1. Check if a new BIOS update has occured - Click Start and type in "msinfo32" and click the file that it finds.

2. Look down and find BIOS Version/Date.

3. If it's recent (ie since you've started having problems) then:

3a. go to Support and Drivers

3b. Input your model type (click HP Support Assistant for help finding type)

3c. Select your Operating System (ie Windows 32-bit)

3d. Open BIOS tab

3e. Download an earlier BIOS version

If it isn't recent, then check your Graphics Driver in the same way as described above. If your gfx driver is older, get the latest (don't ask me how, HP offer no support at all in finding what you need). If it's newer, find the older one and re-install that.

Hope this helps you, though it hasn't helped me yet!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation