Question

Honor Student
mrcarovil
Message 1 of 4 (127 Views)

built in camera

I no longer have asscess to my built in camera, I cant find it in device list or anywhere else I look.  Anyone help

I have an HP laptop dv6-6033cl

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 2 of 4 (125 Views)

Re: built in camera

Hi

1) Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the Webcam driver and install it then restart the unit.

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows

Testing a Webcam Using YouCam

Testing a Webcam Using QuickPlay

Testing a Webcam using Your Favorite Instant Messenger

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
Honor Student
mrcarovil
Message 3 of 4 (119 Views)

I followed your instruction untill I got to the reinstall drivers section but list of drivers tha was presented did not have any webcam drivers.  Did I miss something

Regents Professor
ManjunathTech
Message 4 of 4 (117 Views)

Hi

Try this correctly should be able to install the drivers.

Click start in search type Recovery Manager then click on it select Yes on User access control then select I need immediate help then select Driver & application recovery select the Webcam driver and install it then restart the unit.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation