Question

Honor Student
schorched
Message 1 of 3 (5,771 Views)
Accepted Solution

can I upgrade the graphics card on a hp pavilion g7-1261nr?

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to upgrade the graphics card on my HP Pavilion G7-1261nr laptop to something more suitable for gaming? I'd like to be able to play games such as Diablo III, etc. and my graphics card appears to be the only thing holding me back from running such games.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (5,762 Views)

Re: can I upgrade the graphics card on a hp pavilion g7-1261nr?

Hi,

Probably we won't be able to upgrade video cards up to 99% of laptops. There are few things which make this work very hard or not cost effective:

Need new motherboard, new cooling system and few other things. Short answer: sell your current machine and buy a new games machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
schorched
Message 3 of 3 (5,761 Views)

Re: can I upgrade the graphics card on a hp pavilion g7-1261nr?

[ Edited ]

I bought this unit only about a week ago mainly to use to keep track of my daily business on the road as a truck driver and play Blu-Ray discs in the truck. Thought I might give some games a go but I guess I'll stick to the PS3 for that for now. Thanks for the answer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation