display driver 4 HD 6470 M (55790 Views)
Honor Student
K3ROS
Message 1 of 11 (55,790 Views)

display driver 4 HD 6470 M

[ Edited ]

I have a problem installing display driver for ati radeon mobility card HD 6470 M on my HP Pavilion g7-1000sm laptop. I downloaded drivers from hp official site (can't find my version 1000sm), and also from ati. 

When i use driver from hp site i only get installed ati install manager, no CCC or display driver

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5079...

when i use driver from ati (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx), i get this message: ati error.jpg

when i go to device manager i get 

this: device manager.jpg

my operating sistem is windows 7 ultimate

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 11 (55,785 Views)

Re: display driver 4 HD 6470 M

K3ROS wrote:

I have a problem installing display driver for ati radeon mobility card HD 6470 M on my HP Pavilion g7-1000sm laptop. I downloaded drivers from hp official site (can't find my version 1000sm), and also from ati. 

When i use driver from hp site i only get installed ati install manager, no CCC or display driver

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5079...

when i use driver from ati (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx), i get this message: ati error.jpg

If you start your notebook and press F11 you can install the original driver from the Recovery Manager.  You can also find the driver on the second disc of your HP Recovery disc set.

Best regards,

erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up***

****Please mark Accept As Solution if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
K3ROS
Message 3 of 11 (55,777 Views)

hm i pressed f11 but it said only system recovery  and started booting my sistem. Maybe its because i formated hard when i was installing win7? I wanted to have only win, and i deleted DOS ( i think recovery was also with it?), and i got only one cd (hp user's guide), no cd with drivers or any recovery disk.

i updated my copy of win 7 and now i have this in device manager

device manager 2.jpg

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 11 (55,751 Views)

[ Edited ]

erico wrote:

K3ROS wrote:

when i use driver from ati (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonmob_win7-64.aspx), i get this message: 

If you start your notebook and press F11 you can install the original driver from the Recovery Manager.  You can also find the driver on the second disc of your HP Recovery disc set.

Best regards,

erico

Which version of Windows 7?

Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

It would probably be a great idea to order an HP Recovery disc set. They are not expensive. 

Please identify your notebook/pc with more than the series number. Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker. Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following image.
c01931836.gif

I am having a difficult time researching your notebook with the information you supplied. Which country are you located in?  

Best regards,
erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up***

****Please mark Accept As Solution if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****

Provost
erico
Message 5 of 11 (55,725 Views)

Hi, 

Try the drivers from this HP URL.

Best regards,
erico

Top Student
vigossive24
Message 6 of 11 (36,050 Views)

I also have that same problem I updated to the latest drivers of this video card and when I try to install the same thing it still shows that I need to have a graphics driver update. By the way what is the main cause why my games stutter??

Student
ktacretz
Message 7 of 11 (16,598 Views)

I also have the exact same problem

Top Student
SuperHPman
Message 8 of 11 (16,583 Views)

I have the problem ,too.:smileysad:

Top Student
SuperHPman
Message 9 of 11 (16,581 Views)

HP we need an graphic driver Update ,pls:smileywink:.

Honor Student
Tahanat
Message 10 of 11 (9,135 Views)

Yes we need your support !!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation