drop down boxes freeze hp probook 4730s (156 Views)
Top Student
terryjw
Message 1 of 4 (156 Views)
Accepted Solution

drop down boxes freeze hp probook 4730s

Internet drop down boxes freeze my  hp probook 4730s.  I couldn't use the box on this site either so i'm stuck with the "display & video" board unless the moderator moves this question.

FReezing  happens using both google chrome & ie11.  I'm running Windows 7 and MS Office2010 with Kapersky Anti Virus 2014.  Repairing Office 2010 doesn't fix it either.

I  run bbig Excel spreadsheets with complicated macros & formulae (the VBA Userform dropdown boxes work in the programs I run) .

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 4 (122 Views)

Re: drop down boxes freeze hp probook 4730s

Hi terryjw,

Your Probook is a commercial unit to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums. Here is a link to the Commercial Notebook forums.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Top Student
terryjw
Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)

This was not a solution but I have transferred the question & in fact received less response than I have on this board. I am still after a fix to this problem. I found I can use internet dropdown boxes if I boot in SAFE mode but not otherwise.
Top Student
terryjw
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)

This problem has now been solved in MS Community by turning off Hardware acceleration as follows:

Open internet  explorer > Tools > Advanced > Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering > Close & restart internet explorer

Thanks for your interest.

Regards

Terry

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation