dv5 1004nr Display Assembly Replacement (933 Views)
Honor Student
Murph2008
Message 1 of 4 (933 Views)

dv5 1004nr Display Assembly Replacement

This laptop is almost 3-yrs old.  It belongs to a college student and I would like to get at least another year out of it.  After exhausting EVERY recommended fix and troubleshoot (including a tear-down and check of cable connections) - I have determined that the display is bad.  When hooked to another monitor everything else works great.  I would like to replace the whole display assembly since the main interior component costs as much as the entire assembly.  I also understand that this basic display assembly was used in over 200 other various laptop models.  I am looking for a used part so my questions is... How can I determine which other display assemblies I can use on this model?  Or in other words, which display assemblies are interchangeable with this one.  My part number is 484367-001.  It is not important to have a functioning webcam and microphones.  I will need the wireless antenna transceivers but I think they are included in most of the other models anyway.  Thanks in advance for any help someone can give me.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 4 (930 Views)

Re: dv5 1004nr Display Assembly Replacement

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-PAVILION-DV5-1003NR-DV5-1004NR-LAPTOP-LCD-SCREEN-/190402553507?pt=LH_DefaultD...

I see these all the time all over e-bay for various models. All I did was enter your model number in e-bay's search box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-PAVILION-DV5-1004NR-DV5-1008CA-LAPTOP-LCD-SCREEN-/310160766409?pt=LH_DefaultD...

I have never ordered from any from these venders, so be warned, but they look legitimate.

Honor Student
Murph2008
Message 3 of 4 (926 Views)

I was hoping to find the entire display assembly.  Removing the display assembly was pretty easy - I really didnt want to break it down any further than that - it looks like it gets a little messy.  Your links are definitely a solution - just not the easy one I was looking for.  I am willing to spend a $100 bucks or so on a used display assembly and many other 15.4" models are being offered for that.  I just cant find my specific model or part number, hence the request for models that are compatible - and I know they are!

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 4 of 4 (906 Views)

[ Edited ]

Check the last post on this thread to get to the HP Media Library.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Wireless-Internet-and-home/dv8t-wireless-amp-all-smartpanel-buttons-go-...

Ounce you navigate to your model, it should give quite specific instructions how to take apart the screen.

Trying to find a complete second hand screen that works is next to impossible, your best bet is e-bay. All the HP laptops are dimensionally different in some way, which will prevent you from simply switching one complete assembly from another, but I could be wrong about that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation