Question

Top Student
Stevejb
Message 1 of 4 (1,339 Views)
Accepted Solution

dv7-4178nr HDMI -no sound

DV7-4178NR, windows 7 64 bit, less than a year old. i plug HDMI cable into various Televisions, the video works, Sound does not.  The HDMI option does NOT show up as an option under control.  i tried updating the driver.. Did not help.

The laptop has the HP Beats Audio software,   It does not allow me to select the HDMI option. Will not let me select the option.

It's almost like the HDMI sound wire is not connect within the laptop.  

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (1,335 Views)

Re: dv7-4178nr HDMI -no sound

Hi,

Updating video graphics may help. Please note: HDMI sound comes from video card, not from sound card. This is it:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-86676-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
Stevejb
Message 3 of 4 (1,325 Views)

Thank You! Thank You!.....

don't know why these things just don't come out of the box working...:smileyhappy:

Student
gryffe
Message 4 of 4 (1,257 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi 

I have a similar problem as in I get no sound from TV when I hook up my laptop to my TV. I  downloaded and executed  the graphics  as suggested above, but no joy and I dont see the HDMI output in the "sound" window from the Control Panel. All I see is the icon for the computer speakers

I have a G72 HP notebook, does that graphics that I downloaded work for all HP models? My model is G72-b025A .

Thanks in advance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation