Question

Student
travisstraw
Message 1 of 5 (1,186 Views)

dv9000 built in WEBCAM WONT WORK

HP dv9000 laptop Webcam wont start up anymore.  It keeps saying "creation of video preview failed.  please check the device connnection and make sure that the device is not being used by another application or user."

It worked fine a few months ago.  I haven't used it in a while but I think its a driver.  I've got all the updates and still no luck.

Help :smileyhappy: 

Teacher
amaresh
Message 2 of 5 (1,171 Views)

Re: dv9000 built in WEBCAM WONT WORK

Do you see Imaging Devices entry in the Device Manager ?

Honor Student
FremenFreedom
Message 3 of 5 (1,144 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  DV9000 built in webcam will not work.  I use it regularly.  It worked two days ago, but stopped working yesterday.  No imaging devices show in Device Manager.

Honor Student
ronan_rugby
Message 4 of 5 (866 Views)

I have the asme problem - any news?

Intern
USAnnika
Message 5 of 5 (845 Views)

[ Edited ]

May be there is something wrong with the inverter. That did happen to me too. In the last couple of days i had trouble with my screen and i moved the lid up and down, while i was doing this i saw that the webcam light was flickering on a specific position of the lid and the windows sound was to hear, like the one when you plug in a usb device. Try this and watch foe the light and the sound if you have found the position go to device manager and the webcam should be on it.

From now on i have to flip my laptop over to look at the camera.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation