Question

Student
greekk
Message 1 of 2 (825 Views)

dvd won"t play

I have a new hp pavillion g series laptop less then 60 days old. I canot get it to play my dvd's. It has Cyberlink Power DVD pre installed. It won"t recognize my dvd in the drive. Can't get it to play from the drive list either. Suggestions? Do I send this back?

I've tried reinserting the disc as well as resatring it.

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 2 (818 Views)

Re: dvd won"t play

[ Edited ]

Regardless of what software you use to play you DVD the title of the movie (I am assuming it's a movie) will show up in "Computer"

If you have tried several DVD's and you can't see the title in computer, then you may conclude that the drive is faulty.

Have you tried Windows Media player, that's capable of playing a DVD, but not a Blu-ray.

I don't have allot of faith in Cyberlinks software.

If it's Power DVD10 then there is an update for it. Save the update to the desk top and install it from there, not from a temporary folder. Restart after the update is installed, load the DVD by using the button on the drawer and let Power DVD load it automatically with out opening the program.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/update/v2/update.jsp?fileTypeId=0&PRODUCTNAME=PowerDVD&PRODUCTVERSION=...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation