Question

Honor Student
ztekdesign
Message 1 of 4 (477 Views)
Accepted Solution

g7-1075dx - no display

[ Edited ]

I have a HP pavilion g7 LF157UA that the display stopped working on it. I did a hard reset and the display started working again. It worked for a few days. Now the hard reset is not working to revive it again.

I tried to plug in a monitor and tried using the HDMI port. You can hear the computer power up and fans come on. Just nothing on the display at anytime. I also tried shining a flashlight at the screen. Can't see anything.

What do I do next?

Intern
Dusty27
Message 2 of 4 (465 Views)

Re: g7-1075dx - no display

Hello,

Unfortunately it appears likely to be a graphics card or other hardware related issue. Repair will be needed.

You can also try reseating your memory just to see if that is the issue but usually is not.  You may call 1-800-HP-INVENT for further hardware assistance. Thanks!

I am an HP Employee however, my comments are strictly my opinion.

***Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.***
***Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching***

++You must be the originator of thread to see the option Accept as Solution++
Honor Student
ztekdesign
Message 3 of 4 (461 Views)

Knowing that I can't get an external motitor or HDMI port to work that would mean the Graphics Chip is bad and the mother board needs replacement correct?

I also already tried re-seating the memory and also tried startup with only one memory chip at a time.

Intern
Dusty27
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)

Likley needs a motherboard replacement as the graphics card is integrated. Yes. Sorry.

Thanks

I am an HP Employee however, my comments are strictly my opinion.

***Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.***
***Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching***

++You must be the originator of thread to see the option Accept as Solution++
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation