Question

Top Student
SoporBass
Message 1 of 6 (284 Views)
Accepted Solution

graphics driver certificate

After upgrade to 8.1 HDMI port didn't work.  Followed instructions to correct BIOS and graphice driver; HDMI works - however Silverlight no longer working with DMS.

Get error 6036 in Silverlight which is Graphics device's driver certificate is invalid

Have checked graphics driver and is all up to date

Help!

Machine is HP Pavilion 11 x2

Graphics driver version 10.18.10.3366

HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 2 of 6 (256 Views)

Re: graphics driver certificate

Hi SoporBass,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I saw your post regarding the problems after upgrading to Windows 8.1. From what you have described it sounds like there was a problem with the upgrade. Your best bet would be use the Restore Point that was automatically created when you updated to Windows 8.1 to go back to Windows 8 and then do the update again. Then reinstall Microsoft Silverlight after that.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
SoporBass
Message 3 of 6 (239 Views)

Thanks. I have reinstalled from the original build and still get the same issue. Using the silverlight test page http://web.sldrm.video.msn.com/d1/sldrm.html it does not work with DRM biut does without. Error 6036 is "Graphics device's driver certificate is invalid" Can you help?
HP Support Agent
BHK6
Message 4 of 6 (226 Views)

Hi SoparBass,

At this point I recommend that you contact HP Total Care at 1-800-474-6836 in North America or visit this link if you live outside of North America.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
SoporBass
Message 5 of 6 (220 Views)

Thanks

Really wierd - it is now working.  The only thing I can put it down too is that I went into Windows Media Player for the first time - maybe that installed the driver update/codec needed.

:-)

Tutor
Equi_tu
Message 6 of 6 (152 Views)

Hi

I have contacted UK Support and they told me to got away with this issue. Could you please tell them they should have a look at this issue.

In the meantime I have noticed that if the driver is uninstalled, I can watch the HDCP Silverlight videos. However, because there is no hardware acceleration:

- The videos are stuttering

- Audio and video are out of synch

- Adjusting the display brightness does not work

Regards

Roland

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation