Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I think it was just that you were uninstalling the active display adapter, where as I was uninstalling the inactive display driver which is why your screen went blank. In my case I have an Intel and ADM adapters, but sounds like you have two ADM so not sure which is which for you.

Try Paul's detailed steps to force the previously working drivers and see how you go.

By the way: I'm living in the Netherlands, running Windows in Dutch, so have to translate some things but hope it's understandable. 

No worries, I can relate as I'm English living in Sweden also trying to translate!

On an side note. This morning, Windows Update decided to force the latest drivers to install again - even though I had asked it not too. Not sure how this is possible, but seen some posts about if Windows Update ran a check before I disabled the drivers it might do this. Luckily I was able to get back to working state just by performing a rollback on the ADM display adapter drivers. But now I have a weird combination of ATI drivers and latest ADM Control Center installed.

I have now also used the Microsoft Windows Update temporary disabling tool to hide the ADM and Intel updates.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

So see if that prevents it happening again.

It would really be so much simpler if the latest drivers could just work!

HP Recommended

Hi, tnx for comment.  I didn't really disable both drivers,  only supposed to get black screen. I'm just in discussion with Paul, it is somewhat difficult to follow his steps for i have to find out how they call in Dutch. But i think i will get it.

HP Recommended

Hi, the easy way didn't work, in log warnining : could not install dri ver for HD 4200 (or something). (A little surprised it goes via Catalist control center, had it under Win7, not now). Beside that, how useful  is installing for the HD 4200? I  now cannot switch between the GPU's or will this caused by the missing driver? Summary of other info you asked:

ATI Mobility Radeon 4200, device status: no drivers installed.

Driver: Date 7-15-2015 version 15.200.1046.2 (just the same for the HD 5000!).

(trying to install this, messagage ''not needed", no othrer option)

After search for drivers:

ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4200 version 15200.1046.2 [7-15-2015]

ATI Mobilty Radeon HD 4200 version 8.970.100.9001 [1-13-2015]

Micosoft Basic display adapter

That's all.

HP Recommended

Hi, the easy way did not work...Got message in log: Failed: driver could not installed
(or something). By the way, I cannot switch between the GPU's, is this caused by
this driver issue? Info you asked for:

General: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Device status: No drivers installed.
Under next tab:
Driver: date 7-15-2015 version 15.200.1046.2 (same for AMD HD 5000!).
After driver search:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 version 15.200.1046.2 [7-15-2015]
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 version 8.970.100.9001 [1-13-2015]
Microsoft Basic display adapter.

Note: this was the situation before the AMD download. Hope you can do something
with it.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the double post, tought I hit cancel instead!

HP Recommended

Hi:

It seems that if your device manager is showing the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, and a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, then the AMD HD 5000 is not working.

If the graphics drivers are installed for both GPU's you should be seeing a Radeon HD 4200 and a Radeon HD 5000.

I would need you to post the hardware ID for the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter so I can figure out what graphics device is missing the driver.

Don't get your hopes up...

HP Recommended

i see 4200 n 6300m.  though i have 6370 not 6300.

nothing has worked yet 😞

HP Recommended

Sorry for the confusion. Under Diplay adapters:
AMD Mobilty Radeon HD 5000
ATI Mobilty Radeon HD4200
Then, under AMD Mobilty Radeon HD 5000:
Device status:This device works correct
Driver: Date 7-15-2015 version 15.200.1046.2
Events log: 7-29-2015 19:01:51 install of device required (?? 2 times,
this is the date I installed Win 10). Many other in time before. Probably
useful to give full log? Have to translate, I can do tomorrow.
In update driver > manual install drivers:
AMD Mobilty Radeon HD 5000
Microsoft Basic Display-adapter.
Good night.

HP Recommended

Hi:

If you see both amd graphics adapters listed in the device manager, then the drivers are installed.

If the graphics is not working as expected, I doubt there is anything you can do, since the drivers were installed.

I don't know how to read error logs, so unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with this particular issue.

HP Recommended

Solved a problem

I am too lazy to write in English, use Google Translate.

Вся проблема заключается в новом драйвере для AMD,  чтобы работал HDMI вам нужно установить более старый драйвер, который был раньше, в моем случае это SP50640.

Windows автоматически обновляет драйвер на более новый, которые есть в системе, после того, как вы устанавливаете старый.

1.Вам нужно запретить Windows UPdate обновлять драйвера. Для этого: в командной строке или диалоге Выполнить (Win+R): 

rundll32 newdev.dll,DeviceInternetSettingUi 2

И отключите автоматиеское обновление.

2.Откройте в реестре раздел НKEY_LOCAL_МАСHINE\SOFTWARE\Мicrosoft\Windows\CURRENТVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update, найдите AUOptions и измените его значение.

"Устанавливать обновления автоматически" = 00000004,
"Загружать обновления, но решение об установке принимается мной"= 00000003,
"Искать обновления, но решение о загрузке и установке принимается мной" =00000002,
"Не проверять наличие обновлений" = 00000001

Зайдите в Диспетчер Устройств и удалите драйвер AMD.

Перезагрузите комьютер.

Установите старый  драйвер ( у меня SP50640)

В Диспетчере устройств, нажмите "Обновить драйвер" - "Выполнить поиск драйверов на этом компьютере"

Искать драйвера в следующем месте "C:\SWSETUP\"

После всех этих манипуляций у вас должен остаться ваш старый драйвер и Windows не будет автоматически обновлять его на новый.

Извините за ошибки, я первый раз пишу инструкцию:)

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.