Question

Honor Student
Labrat242
Message 1 of 5 (2,587 Views)

hdmi port not working on HP Pavilion g7-2240us Notebook PC

I can't get my HDMI port on my on HP Pavilion g7-2240us Notebook PC to work... Can someone please help me? (it's windows 8)

Regents Professor
AttackofZaq
Message 2 of 5 (2,571 Views)

Re: hdmi port not working on HP Pavilion g7-2240us Notebook PC

Hello Labrat242.  I understand you're trying to use your notebook's HDMI port.

Do you get an error message or anything like that when trying to use the external monitor?

Take a look at this document.  It covers connecting your notebook to an external monitor/TV as well as how to configure it within Windows.

Let me know if this helps.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

Tutor
BirkdaleSteve
Message 3 of 5 (995 Views)

This is ridiculous - the number of hits that come up for "Pavilion g7 HDMI not working" is astounding; yet finding a useful answer, or anything resembling a useful answer other than a document that instructs 4-yr olds on how to locate an HDMI port, is impossible.

HAS ANYONE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS?  Or is this a rampant model-wide issue that HP would rather not acknowledge?

Honor Student
Labrat242
Message 4 of 5 (985 Views)

I think it is a model-wide issue. I could not get any help either, so I just exchanged it where I bought it. The replacement works just fine.

Honor Student
Ann_
Message 5 of 5 (336 Views)

Until it doesn't. Ours worked until it failed entirely. We'd thought it was the cable, so we replaced the cable and nada. Everything else works as it should, but the G7 is out of warranty AND unless we want to pay for their "SMARTFRIEND" tech support ($100 today/$200+ per year), they don't care about their faulty production. 

My ancient 1997 HP Omnibook was built like a tank & still runs... but so much for brand loyalty.

Customer Support=Sales dept.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation