Question

Honor Student
egon48
Message 1 of 2 (2,068 Views)

how do i increase shared video ram on dv7-1264nr allocated is 256

Video Graphics ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M Video Memory Up to 1918MB how do i change my video ram to 512 ?there is no settings in the bios to change it.thanks
Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 2 of 2 (2,029 Views)

Re: how do i increase shared video ram on dv7-1264nr allocated is 256

ATI HD3200 is an embedded Graphics Controller using part of the system memory space as its own Video memory. Sometime it calls Shared Memory space, UMA ( Unified Memory Architecture ), Integrated Graphics Controller and etc.

In your case, it is pre-allocated with 256MB for its video memory.

There is no need to assign more RAM memory for your ATI HD3200. Your ATI Graphics Driver is equipped with a driver feature called HyperMemory to dynamically assign additional system memory when the Graphics Controller requires more than the pre-allocated memory space.

In another word, the Graphics Driver will request additional system memory space for the Graphics Controller to perform the task when the OS or application requires more than 256MB. This additional system memory space ( temporary ) is called HyperMemory. This HyperMemory space will be released back to the OS or system whenever the Graphics Driver no longer requires it for its Graphics Controller.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation