Question

Honor Student
vdv11
Message 1 of 6 (129 Views)

how do you fix screen color issues?

My screen colors/images are out of clarity. My computer is CQ60-615DX  notebook with windows 7 os

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (128 Views)

Re: how do you fix screen color issues?

[ Edited ]

What do you mean by out of clarity? Please rephrase that.

Connect an external display to see if the issue is isolated to your notebook's LCD display.

external.jpg

Is your notebook still in warranty? You can check that in the HP Support Assistant.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
vdv11
Message 3 of 6 (122 Views)

The screen images are fuzy

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 6 (119 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK. You will still need to connect an external display to isolate the issue.

We need to know if it is the LCD screen or the video solution (integrated chip or discrete video module) in your notebook.

If you connect the external display to the notebook and everything is normal on the external display and fuzzy only on the notebook LCD display, then the LCD display is failing.

From an HP notebook video displaytroubleshooting document:

If the text is fuzzy, or objects are slightly blurry around the edges, stretched, and out of proportion, the resolution may need to be changed. To resolve these issues, download and install the latest chip set and graphics drivers, and set the display resolution to the highest supported resolution as discussed above.
The display resolution on the notebook might be set to a resolution value other than the highest display resolution. When the graphics adapter scales the image, the edges of the displayed objects can become slightly blurred as the entire image is enlarged or reduced to fit to the edges of the screen. If blurriness occurs only when using a software program such as a particular game, make sure that the resolution recommended for the game matches the display resolution.

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having

Honor Student
vdv11
Message 5 of 6 (116 Views)

when I play a dvd on the tv it is fine; when I do a tune-up the lcd screen gets cleared up for a while, then it will go back to fuzzy, the text stays normal.

Provost
erico
Message 6 of 6 (115 Views)

Installing the latest video driver from the web support portal should help.

What do you mean by "when I do a tune-up the lcd screen gets cleared up for a while, then it will go back to fuzzy, the text stays normal." ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation