06-05-2012 12:30 PM
HP G70-460US Notebook
I ordered a replacement inverter (HPL-486556-001) a whle back, and at the time recieved a link to a video I was told would show me the steps to perform the installation:
Although trying repeatedly then and in subsequent months, this link, has never worked (page not found). I've seen this link also posted in forum messages here from aournd the same time. I really would like to view this video! Or, if not that, at least get instructions as to how to properly open the computer so I can perform the installation, since that seems the hardest part.
Googling the link, I found your Services Media Library (http://h20464.www2.hp.com/default.htm), however, I cannot find any videos for the HP G-series notebooks, nor can I find any videos about inverter or LCD display replacement..
Can you provide a working link to the video and/or some video or manual that describes how to open up the computer, please?
This is the email I recieved from HP Support on this way back then ... notice there are no instructions on how to open the case!
Before you begin: Remove the battery, wireless LAN Minicard, keyboard, keyboard cover, display panel, and display bezel.
1. Carefully peel back the grounding strip.
2. Tilt the inverter away from two guide pins and out from under the plastic tabs that secure the inverter to the display panel enclosure.
3. Lift the inverter out of the display panel enclosure.
4. Disconnect the display panel cable from the inverter.
5. Disconnect the backlight cable from the inverter.
6. Place the inverter in a static dissipative bag.
1. Remove the inverter from the static dissipative bag.
2. Reconnect the backlight cable to the inverter.
3. Reconnect the display panel cable to the inverter.
4. Place the inverter into the guide slots and onto the two guide pins in the display panel enclosure.
5. Tilt the inverter under the plastic tabs that secure the inverter to the display panel enclosure.
6. Re-adhere the grounding strip to the inverter board.
Now, it is really much easier if you can watch the video, so here are instructions, maybe it works for you this time:
Enter this link or copy and paste it : http://thesml.hp.com/
For every column, choose: 1: Laptops/ tablets/notebooks 2: HP G notebooks PC 3: G 70-100...
Then a menu appears below, choose : FRU Remove/Replace ,
A list of all parts appears listed, you will see "Inverter", click on that.
Thank you for contacting HP Part Store Chat Support. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit us again.