Question

Student
Renants
Message 1 of 2 (89 Views)

hp m7-j020DX

A friend of mine bought a new HP Envy m7-j020dx laptop.

The touchscreen is starting to show some problems. It flickers and turns blue, red or fuzzy. The text on the desktop is very hard to read. I tried to connect it to an external monitor using an HDMI cable. The display on the external monitor is crystal clear while the display on the LCD screen is very unbearable to the eyes. As of this writing, the display turned blue.

What should my friend do to remedy or fix this problem? The laptop was bought last November 2013 and is still within the manufacturer's warranty period.

HP Support Agent
Mrstenter
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)

Re: hp m7-j020DX

Hi Renants,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Notebook and getting a blank or fuzzy screen on startup.You can do a system restore. Try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. When performing a restore please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. If that does not help please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions click here. They will be happy to assist you.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Mrs.Tenter
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation