hp pavilion dv 7 web cam problem (8987 Views)
Top Student
jamer-1
Message 1 of 5 (8,987 Views)

hp pavilion dv 7 web cam problem

any suggestions   had crash reinstalled everything cannot get web cam working have latest driver ,,, go into cyberlink says cannot connect video device (hp webcam)  thanks for the help
Honor Student
CostasCy
Message 2 of 5 (2,646 Views)

Re: hp pavilion dv 7 web cam problem

Where did you get the webcam driver from please? Can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Student
DjLevel9
Message 3 of 5 (2,620 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm haveing the same Problem with the HP Truevision Cam Built into the Monitor the uninstall from the website won't with  the reinstall with out restoreing my computer won' the web site where the software on HP's web site for the Model of my Labtop just temparrly installed my DSY 12.0 usb can it through in vid cap and old file from windows it comes up i use vidcap thats all. when i go into the choose Webcam and the audio setting's it comes up with a popup stating cannot not find filepath.

So if  you cant uninstall it from Device Manager and can't remove it cause it cn't find the right file path and you can't reinstall what 's all the built in software that handles the web cam  sound drivers etc the HP web site never stated maybe it's a conflict in the software.

I'm about ready to take it back to to FutureShop here in In Toronto  I paid for there 3-year extended warrenty

Plus $99.00 for them to make the Origonal Connect backup and restore dvd's .

They took out all the norton software i put my own avg on it .

The took out all the trial software which i asked them to and basicly i installed my software which I know that works ,

why can't HP software update 's come up with an full uninstall with the softew updates that coreect and restore the propper software update to fix the built-in software for the  HP-TrueVision web cam software that shares the audio drivers .so if we need to reinstall it create the propper paths it needs to do and over write and correct it itthe restart the computer then turn the cam on choose the web cam then it should work. but in this case it won't

Honor Student
matchie
Message 4 of 5 (2,517 Views)

''webcam companion''

Honor Student
alankempwets
Message 5 of 5 (430 Views)

This thread has had over 8500 views so there is an obvious problem but not one single remedy. Does this forum work? Do HP care that there equipment is crap. Its the last one I will buy, at least you can get some support from Sony.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation