Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

New to the group. 🙂 So I recently installed Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DV2000 and need an updated display/video driver. My screen doesn't look very focused and I am missing a few options like brightness amongst others. HP says that it will not be updating any drivers for this model when using Windows 7. Does anyone know where I can get this driver so I am able to see the screen correctly. I tried checking in devices for the video card manufacturer but all I see is a generic description. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

Hi, James:

Welcome to the HP Support Forum.

There is a guide to upgrading your notebook to windows 7 which I have posted at the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv2000-model...

If you need any further assistance, please post back and we will try to help.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for your help. I followed the following instructions:

If original drivers will not work then try modded drivers ver 195.81.

Note:

Remember to uninstall previous graphic card driver first.

How to install them under Windows 7?

1. Download driver here (for Win7 32 bit) or here (for Win7 64 bit) double click and select extract,

2. Download from this site with drivers also INF Modified and replace original INF in extracted folder,

3. Install & reboot.

...The only thing is that I tried installed before the second step. I then replaced the INF folder and installed again, rebooted, but saw no difference. Is there any additional steps I need to take after this?

Thanks,

James

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Please disregard my last message. I simply followed the steps again from scratch and all is well in my display world again. 🙂 Thank you so much for your quick response and all the resources on the link you posted. If anything else comes up, I will post again but so far, everything is running smoothly. Again, thank you for all your help.

Best,

James

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, James.

Glad you got everything to work in Windows 7.

Paul

HP Recommended

I'm having a similar problem, but my computer does not use the NVIDIA graphics card. Mine shows Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family. 

For me, when I try to adjust the resolution, I only get 1024x768 or 800x600 as options. It is currently in 1024x768 and there is a black bar across the right side (about 2.5 inches thick). I'm unable to uncheck the box under advanced settings > monitor that says, "Hide modes that this computer cannot display."

This computer is made for Windows Vista and I have Windows 7. Do you have a solution for me?

Here's a picture I took of what's happening:

IMG_59.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only advise I can offer you is to see if this video driver from an HP 6910p notebook which has the same video as yours will work.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

Paul

HP Recommended

Dear HP and everyone here

I have problem with my sound driver. Whenver I use Microphone to talk in skype, the external Microphone does not work. Moreover, I could not here th voice in the ear phone, but it appears through Computer's speaker. When I used Window Vista it's ok, but I've just changed to Win 7. Please give me solution to this. Thank.

HP Recommended

all

sir my display  screen problem .i install window 7 grphic driver missing   

HP Recommended

New to the group. :smileyhappy: So I recently installed Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DV2000 and need an updated display/video driver. My screen doesn't look very focused and I am missing a few options like brightness amongst others. HP says that it will not be updating any drivers for this model when using Windows 7. Does anyone know where I can get this driver so I am able to see the screen correctly. I tried checking in devices for the video card manufacturer but all I see is a generic description. Any help is greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.