Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an hp mini 210 vt and I have the same problem.

My netbook doesn't boot. I cant se BIOS menu. I cant see anything at all. When I press the power button, fan starts and the wi fi red led is on, but nothing more. The sreen stays black like dead.  

I have tryed to press PowerButton for 30 seconds but nothing.

I checked my HDD to another computer and it's fine

I tryed to connect with external monitor and still nothing.

I have no blinking light.  Just the red wifi led stays on. 

What to do? It just happend suddenly

HP Recommended

I had the similart problem on HP laptop. Led lights are on but black screen and fan noise. I tried power reset (holding the power button for 30 seconds) but did not work. I removed the CMOS battery for few mins and put it back and it worked !!! You can try the same

HP Recommended
Hello I have a hp pavillion product - CNF0194YPD, Module #- G62-224CA and I go to turn on my laptop and its just a black screen I have tried the hard reset and it doesn't do nothing. it still shows up black screen somebody please help me!
HP Recommended

I had a similar problem: On power up the screen is black, the wireless key LED is lit orange, the caps key LED is blinking about once per 5 seconds (which indicated bad CPU accroding to HP manual), fan is running. Holding or tapping F8 or any other keys yielded no results. Removing the CMOS battery didn't fix the problem either. But here is what got it to work: take out laptop battery, unplug AC charger, then remove the CMOS battery, then plug the AC charger in and press the power button. It shoudld power up and complain about CMOS error. Power down and reinstall the CMOS battery and now it should boot normally.

HP Recommended

Kudos for both, "Sanchertx" and "YetAnotherBob":

A combination of the step-by-step instructions from "Sanchertx" about how to find the restore points plus the specific description from "YetAnotherBob" about how to hit the F8 kit properly, brought my laptop back to "life"!

That saved me from taking my computer to a shop and paying probably big bucks,( ... and maybe don't getting fix without losing all my valuables! Oops!)

Billion kudos for you both!!!

gp

HP Recommended

I  have a dv7-7133nrthat was doing the same thing with intel 4000 graphics and hp's driver. Win 64 153330 is Intel's latest driver for the intel 4000 graphics and it ended the problem.  After you install this when Windows says you have a new graphics driver available, don't get it. That is the bad one. Hide it until HP gets off their but.  This driver works with the HP intel video 4000.  Amd GO TO THEIR WEBSITE.  By the way, I am an intel channel partner.  HP is really lagging on video drivers. If it is Intel 4000 go to their website and download their drivers. They work.   AMD will be the same, and more updated.  MAKE SURE YOU GET THE 64 BIT DRIVERS!!

HP Recommended

Download Baidu Pc Faster & Baidu Antivirus & Baidu Pc App Store & Microsoft Security Essential & Search For Virus Or Junk

& Enjoy Fast Reboot Boot-Up I Do With My Laptop I M Enjoying Fast BOOT UP...........................

THANKS
REGARDS: PROFESSORTOM

(NOTE) DO THIS AT YoUr Own Risk

If YOU Like My Post GIve ME KudUs (LIKE)(GIVE mE THUMB)HAHAHAHA 🙂

HP Recommended
Yeh right, I will download Chinese software when hell freezesz over. I don't need commies spying on me.
HP Recommended

is there any other way to solve this problem.. i had just buy a battery for mine hp latop . please tell me if there is any other way . thank you 

HP Recommended

I have tried several times to run System Restore to fix my screen which is black.

System Restore stops about three minutes into the process with the message: "System Restore failed to extract the file (D:\) from the restore point. An unspecified error occured during System Restore. (0x8000ffff).

Any suggestions on fixing my System Restore so that I may be able to repair my black screen problem.

Thanks,

JS

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.