Question

Honor Student
MAnukem
Message 1 of 2 (221 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp pavillion dv-1120us i can't play online videos. they freeze and make a awful noise.

I have a pavillion d4- 1120us and it won't play videos off u tube or other sites.  I freezes up and I have to shut down to get out of it.

Can anyone help?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (220 Views)

Re: hp pavillion dv-1120us i can't play online videos. they freeze and make a awful noise.

Hi,

Try the following.

First, download the Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Desktop.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe

When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller.  After this has completed, restart the notebook.

Next, download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash.

Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.

Launch Firefox and see if the videos play Ok - if they do, close Firefox, open IE and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component.  When done, restart IE.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation