Top Student
MRZclub
Message 1 of 17 (19,910 Views)
Accepted Solution

hp truevision hd drivers

HP Pavilion dv6-7172er

Help!!

Camera is not working = (

2 days nazat camera stopped working .. A lot of talking on Skype ... is very much needed!
YouCam - stood by the program. I deleted it now!

tell me what to do to set it?!

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 17 (19,901 Views)

Re: hp truevision hd drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Download and install the latest version of the HD webcam's  Cyberlink YouCam driver software that is available on the web support portal for your notebook. You can also install it from within  Windows with the Recovery Manager by clicking on the Reinstall Drivers and Applications option and choosing the CyberLink YouCam application and then the install button.

You can test your webcam by using the search files and folders box. Type in "cam" and an icon called "Web Camera Application"  or "CyberLink YouCam" (if installed)will appear. Click the appropriate icon and then you will be able to either take a photo or record a video.

-erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
MRZclub
Message 3 of 17 (19,894 Views)

Established a program ...
And the cables into the camera! Maybe it's workmanship?
As long as it works!

Provost
erico
Message 4 of 17 (19,865 Views)

What do you mean by "established a program"?

-erico

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
sid25
Message 5 of 17 (17,373 Views)

Hi Guys,

My Cyberlink You Cam is not working. I tried to update the driver, restart the laptop and also re installed the software. But still its not working. Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks

Professor
npw05001
Message 6 of 17 (17,218 Views)

Hello sid25,

I see that you are problems with the webcam on your computer? I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
sid25
Message 7 of 17 (17,211 Views)

HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC  is my laptop make and model. It some times does recognise the camera while sometimes it doesnt recognise the camera. I use Cyberlink YouCam.

Professor
npw05001
Message 8 of 17 (17,207 Views)

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with the webcam issue. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

If the steps don't resolve your issue I would suggest looking in the device manager and searching for the webcam under imaging devices. Let me know if the webcam is listed in the device manager.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Honor Student
sid25
Message 9 of 17 (17,199 Views)

I have already tried these links , nothing works. I realise that there is always a message saying USB not recognised and then I check the webcam , it doesnt work. Whenever this message shows up , webcam stops working. Do you know why this happens ?

Professor
npw05001
Message 10 of 17 (17,139 Views)

There could be a physical problem with the webcam connection.

Is the computer still under warranty? If not this video may help if it is a physical connection issue with the webcam.

Signature

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation