hpg62 screen replacement (1373 Views)
Student
stewpot32
Message 1 of 2 (1,373 Views)

hpg62 screen replacement

i have a 4 month old g62 that has a broken screen i have removed the screen ready to replace

i have been told that if i replace it with a new one it will have to have the led backlight re programmed to work?

is this correct i have changed screens before and had no problems like this

is tis correct?

if so how can i do it or has it got to be done by hp?

many thanks

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 2 of 2 (1,356 Views)

Re: hpg62 screen replacement

You can look it up your self on this web site or if I have your full model number I can find it for you.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/?gclid=CNuTvOqF7acCFQEKbAod6kA3cA

There are two types of back-light systems CCFL and LED. CCFL stands for "cold cathode fluorescent light" and the other is "light emitting diode. All screens are LCD (Liquid crystal display).

The CCFL is like the fluorescent tubes you find in any hard ware store and older laptops use these. Newer ones use  LED's and this sytem takes up less energy and is better for battery life.

If you are running an LED screen then you replace it with and LED screen, and the same goes for CCFL, you don't have to program anything. Who ever told you that does not know what he/she is talking about.

The two are not interchangeable, so it's important to identify the correct one. Ounce I have your laptop model and part number I can help you with that if you want.

c01931836.gif

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation