Question

Honor Student
berj_1
Message 1 of 2 (672 Views)

i cant turn on my cyberlink youcam. it says no webcam detected when i click on the cyberlink youcam

Brand new Pavillion dv6. Cyberlink YouCam reports that a camera not detected. It came loaded from the factory.

System also reported a problem with a usb port. System shows 6 usb devices, but only have 4 external. Is camera attached to an internal usb port or is usb error unrelated secondary problem?

Regents Professor
Kalt
Message 2 of 2 (661 Views)

Re: i cant turn on my cyberlink youcam. it says no webcam detected when i click on the cyberlink you

Yes, the internal camera is connected to the USB bus, I believe the fingerprint sensor is the other device attached.  Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation