Question

Honor Student
herbst1
Message 1 of 2 (367 Views)

i have a dv7 LM726AV model and want to know if the switchable graphics can be fixed to the radeon?

i have a dv7 LM726AV that is about a month old now. I want to know if i can have the graphics fixed to high performance. i have the latest software for the amd graphics driver, and have also updated the bios as per link in this help section. How do i know if  the amd 6770 is even working? There are no indications that the ati catalyst is even running.do i have to go into the start screen on reboot and hit the f-10 to set it up?

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (355 Views)

Re: i have a dv7 LM726AV model and want to know if the switchable graphics can be fixed to the radeo

Hi,

Fixed mode is set in the bios menu, so tap away at f10 as you start the notebook  to enter this menu - choose the System Configuration tab and set fixed mode to Enabled.  Remember to save this setting as you exit the bios menu.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation