Question

Student
ari8d
Message 1 of 2 (5,897 Views)

in google chrome, shockwave won't work and videos and music don't play properly. help?

I have an HP g62-234dx laptop with windows 7.   Whenever I use google chrome (my default browser) shockwave crashes and any videos or music end up playing choppily and delayed with terrible sound and resolution.  After this happens I usually have to shut down my computer because any window or program I try to use begins working extremely slowly.  I end up shutting down my computer at least a few times a day and cannot play videos or use skype without having to retry and start over.  Any suggestions?  My sister has the same computer and has not been having any of these problems.

Associate Professor
parvez_tech
Message 2 of 2 (5,890 Views)

Re: in google chrome, shockwave won't work and videos and music don't play properly. help?

Hi,

You try these two steps:

i) Go to Control Panel--> Uninstall Programs--> Uninstall Adobe Flash,Adobe Download

Manager,Adobe ActiveX  and Shockwave Player and Restart. Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave Player

Sometimes this problems can happen due to a bluetooth file. Follow the step below if first step doesnt fix the problem.

ii) Go to My Computer and Open Drive C---> Open Windows---> System32 and look for the following

file: BtwVdpCapFilter.dll

Right Click on the above file name(BtwVdpCapFilter.dll) and rename it to BtwVdpCapFilter1.dll.

Restart the computer and check again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
If you have HP Support Assistant installed on the computer(The Blue Question Mark) then open it ==> Complete all pending Updates & Tuneups==> Restart and Check. It may solve your problem
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

**Click on “Kudos” Star if you think this reply helped** Or Mark it as "Solved" if issue got fixed.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation