Question

Honor Student
Noah253
Message 1 of 3 (1,029 Views)

laptop LCD screen backlit but no image. Works on external monitor

Pavilion dv4-1540us

After shutting down my computer on restart the screen would not display anything although the laptop would run and I could here the logon screen.  After resetting a number of times and letting it sit shut off for a while, the screen worked again.  I keep the laptop on most of the time, just in sleep mode and had absolutely no problems until it restarted for a windows update after about a week of being on standby with intermittent use.  Now i have the same issue where the screen is backlit but does not display anything. 

I am able to connect it to a tv with an HDMI cable and everything seems to work, I just cannot get the display to appear on the notebook. 

Tried hard reset (remove battery, ac, hold power 60sec etc), update bios, system recovery.  Nothing has seemed to work.

Its about 1.5 years old (and of course out of warranty)

Any help would be appreciated. 

Student
ncisabella
Message 2 of 3 (532 Views)

Re: laptop LCD screen backlit but no image. Works on external monitor

i am currently having the same problem did you find a fix?

Honor Student
Noah253
Message 3 of 3 (520 Views)

Re: laptop LCD screen backlit but no image. Works on external monitor

Nope, tried taking off he case and made sure no wires seemed loose. Now I just keep it hooked up to a monitor.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation