laptop screen brightness (3217 Views)
Student
thexdarkknight
Message 1 of 8 (3,217 Views)

laptop screen brightness

usually when i plug in my laptop to an electrical outlet the screen gets noticeably brighter. now when i plug in it it says that its charging but the screen either stays the same brightness or even gets a little duller. i dont know what i should do if theres a way to fix it or something
Distinguished Professor
Rakhmad
Message 2 of 8 (3,214 Views)

Re: laptop screen brightness

Lets test it with the simple way.

1. While using AC power, adjust the brightness up to maximum level, use Fn + F8

2. Remove AC power, adjust the brightness to the minimum level, use Fn + F7

3. Connect again AC power, see if the brightness will change.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
Honor Student
LAWES9
Message 3 of 8 (229 Views)

SCRENN REAL DIM TILL I PLUG THE LAPTOP IN ELEC. I GOT A NEW BATTERY DID NOT HELP.

Honor Student
LAWES9
Message 4 of 8 (227 Views)

DID NOT HELP
Honor Student
LAWES9
Message 5 of 8 (226 Views)

HOW TO MAKE SCREEN BRIGHTER WHEN NOT PLUG IN ELEC.

HP
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 8 (209 Views)

Hello LAWES9,

I understand you would like to know how to adjust the brightness on your HP laptop. I would like to help you with this but require a little more information, can you please let me know the exact Model number  of your notebook.

I will watch for your reply so we can start adjusting that brightness! :smileyhappy:

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
LAWES9
Message 7 of 8 (200 Views)

M #G60 121WM

HP
HevnLgh
Message 8 of 8 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi LAWES9,

Thank you for the requested information! I have looked in the user guides and manuals on how to brighten the screen on your G60 121WM. On your notebook keyboard there are special shortcut keys, in order to increase the brightness please push the bright.jpg  shortcut.  In order to decrease the brightness, select the dim.jpg shortcut key.

I will leave this informative document on Using Keyboard Shortcuts and Special Keys this will enhance your efficiency in Windows by memorizing and using keyboard shortcuts to perform routine tasks.

I hope this was helpful, please let me know if you require more assistance.

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation