lost all display on dv6-3055x when doing a clean install of win 7 (92 Views)
Honor Student
joebronco
Message 1 of 3 (92 Views)
Accepted Solution

lost all display on dv6-3055x when doing a clean install of win 7

Hello,

I have a hp dv6-3055dx (product num. WQ679UA#ABA) it was a used laptop i picked up for a good price. but i was doing a clean install of win 7 and when it restarted it lost my original bios i guess. I get nothing but the black screen, and im recieving a corrupt bois led code. (two blinks). Or maby the chipset drivers.. ?? maby grafix ??  Ive tried using a external monitor but it never gets a signal.. same on hdmi..        can i make a usb bootable image of new bios? tried but cant get comp to boot from usb.. basically i believe my grafix drivers on bios or complete bios was erased. tried the hp bios recovery win button and b but did nothing. tried putting hp tools on flash drive but never picks it up??  Please help ..

Top Student
sgthomas
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)

Re: lost all display on dv6-3055x when doing a clean install of win 7

From all of what I see here in this forum regarding black screens, we need to let the world know that the HP dv series laptops need to be thrown away after about 3/4 years. 

Honor Student
joebronco
Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: lost all display on dv6-3055x when doing a clean install of win 7

I believe your absolutely correct. on a long shot i completely dissasembled mobo, seperated heat pipe and processors , both on grafix and cpu. thermal paste was baked to a crisp.  pretty much all around the ati/amd grafix chip looked acutally burnt. I tried this because the first time i try to start the system the display will flicker but never does any thing after that.. when it does flicker i do have a secondary monitor output but the screen is blank but it does have a grey square like the hp bios emergency bios restore screen  but has no writing on it and thats it..so i thought maby the grafix chip was getting to hot to fast and never passing post boot test. so i cleaned and applied silver thermal paste but after all that still same problem.. ive built  and repaird countless laptops and tower pcs and never had as much frustration..lol..  No offence to HP they do build some quality stuff but unfortunatly the dv series is not one of them..         Thanks again for anwsering my reply 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation