mini notebook won't allow background changes or display themes (15438 Views)
Student
JuJuB
Message 1 of 8 (15,438 Views)

mini notebook won't allow background changes or display themes

I just got my new hp mini and it wont let me change my background. i go through 'control panel> appearance> display'   and there is nothing there that will allow me to change it. there is not 'set as desktop background' when opening a photo file and right clicking. nothing comes up when searching for personalization under control panel. i went to the windows website to get free display downloads and it says that 'this edition of windows doesn't support themes'. is this a problem with windows or a lack f proper hard ware on my computer? can i download something to enable me to change my background? help would be soooo greatly appreciated.

Tutor
trparky
Message 2 of 8 (15,424 Views)

Re: mini notebook won't allow background changes or display themes

Windows 7 Starter Edition doesn't allow you to change the background image of the desktop.  The background image is burned into the kernel of Windows.

Student
wiepyro
Message 3 of 8 (14,320 Views)

so..any software can help me to set my desktop background??? please help me,i need  background wallpaper,then can u explain me why??? thank you =)

Student
OctoberKnight
Message 4 of 8 (13,489 Views)

I HATE IT YOU SHOULD FIGURE OUT SOMETHING FOR THAT EXPECIALLY FOR THE CONSIDERATION OF COST FOR THE PRODUCT!!!!

Honor Student
macahibag_migue
Message 5 of 8 (12,418 Views)

Windows 7 Starter Edition doesn't allow you to change the background image of the desktop.  The background image is burned into the kernel of Windows.plz advise me...thnaks

Top Student
Rinotan
Message 6 of 8 (12,412 Views)

It sounds as though you have Windows 7 Starter. Is that correct?

If so, there is no personalization. However, you can get around this very easily by downloading Oceanis; it's safe, it's free and has been a solution for so many people with the same problem as you. Here is the link:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/47294-desktop-background-change-windows-7-starter.html

Remember to click the KUDOS button when you're happy with me:smileywink:

Rinotan

Student
suganya
Message 7 of 8 (11,247 Views)

thanks a lot. i was trying a lot to change my background for a long time. but couldn't. your information helped me to make it

good service.:smileyhappy:

Student
Blackrainbowzz
Message 8 of 8 (9,999 Views)

I don't understand why it isnt compatible!!! Every other computer or laptop i have had allows it! >:smileysurprised:

This notebook brand needs to do something about this. It took me three years to figure out IT DOESN'T ALLOW IT!!!!!????

This is bull ****.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation