monitor "no input signal" (72882 Views)
Honor Student
rogbur22
Message 11 of 23 (18,486 Views)

Re: monitor "no input signal"

I realize the thread is a tad old. But I came here as a last resort before I shoot myself :smileyvery-happy: j/k

I have the same problem to a T. It is completely random. Will work fine for a few months even then not at all. This monitor has now (as of today) done it on 2 different computers so it seems I have finally narrowed it down to the monitor itself having a problem. 

I bought the monitor in Feb. 2010 It's registered and all it/s an HP2009M

My questions are did anyone else ever get through this and figure out a solution ? and what do I do to get this thing fixed ?

Honor Student
rogbur22
Message 12 of 23 (18,451 Views)

Any thoughts ?

How does it work for warranty repairs if anyone knows. Is there a link to an online RMA form or anything ? OR do I have to take it to a repair place ?

As I said I got it in Feb of this year and I registered and all that.

My only concern is that it's so random, a tech can turn it on and it will work fine for an indefinate period then boom.

Honor Student
rogbur22
Message 13 of 23 (18,434 Views)

Ok, looks like this is going nowhere. Thanks anyway.

Honor Student
jljoekool
Message 14 of 23 (16,818 Views)

Jynell,

Tyvm   .It works about 90% of the time now.  Sometimes I have to click the monitor button repeatedly until the VGA says "active".  If its stubborn, I just reboot and it's fine.

Honor Student
jljoekool
Message 15 of 23 (16,809 Views)

Go to your manufacturer support, type in      no input signal

I have a HP.

You can find your info  by clicking......control+alt(hold) + s+a

Try to click on your monitor button after you restart your computer

I have a tower and a flat screen monitor,so my monitor native resolution has a Auto Select button.

The easiest way to stop your problem is to go to your control panel and disable the power settings.

That's all I had to do.

Use Google search to look for more info by typing  " no VGA signal input "

Honor Student
jljoekool
Message 16 of 23 (16,535 Views)

I have the same problem but understand only vga becomes active.

Try this because it works everytime... click your monitor button until it shows your screen, then if it closes in one second to a black screen...do this repeatedly until it says vga active. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 tries with the monitor button opening and closing..I know its frustrating..but it's worth a shot than to reset constantly.

Also go to control panel click power options...personalization...display settings to 1280 by 1024 pixels

This  is common on most monitors to obtain best results

I have a HP w1907 flat screen 19" monitor but it's auto settings are 1440 by 900 pixels so I had to do this

Hope this works for you

joe

Top Student
JohnnyNobody
Message 17 of 23 (14,570 Views)

HP Pavillion Elite m9150m, Nvidia 8500 GT video card:   I have the same problem on my father's PC, with a twist.  The monitor functions normally  connected through the DVI port and using the supplied DVI to VGA adaptor.  That is how it has been congigured since new.  This is no problem unless you decide to add a second monitor for use for watching on a second monitor (It is a Windows Meidia Center PC after all).  At first I thought the issue that the PC wasn't recognizing the old monitor and defalting to the TV monitor after connectng it to the DVI port.  But, I removed that connection and connected the 19" LCD monitor soley to the lower VGA port and get  the "No Input Signal" message.  Is a bad VGA port common with these PCs?  One last bit of info.  The PC originally had Vista Home installed and has been upgraded to Windows 7 Professional.

Student
Plane67
Message 18 of 23 (13,548 Views)

How do you update the BIOS if the monitor stays black from "No Input VGA / DVI"?

Student
seanmahon101
Message 19 of 23 (13,049 Views)

I solved it Boys. It said on mine No input signal and to adjust my monitor to.

er and the stupid thing went away. so farr1600 by 900 or whatever. So i simply turned down my monitor.I adjusted the opposite way on my comput

Honor Student
rynee1010
Message 20 of 23 (12,893 Views)

Black screen no signal

I am also having this problem with my hp computer and hp monitor. My comp was working just fine 2 days ago. and all of a sudden I go to turn it on and sounds normal everything running fine, but monitor has orange light where power button is and a loading screen pops up saying that it is scanning for DVI, HDMI, and VGA. it scans all of them and it says no signal for all. then goes straight to sleep mode and goes black. That's all i get. I unplugged cords and checked connections, cleaned out computer and all the ports and nothing has helped at all.

I don't know what to do and i cant really afford to take it anywhere to fix it. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

PLEASE HELP :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation