Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
my compaq presario cq61wont turn on and when i charge it the power light is on , wlan light is orange and caps lock and num lock and charge light is one for a second then only the wlan is only on and it is half orange half blue then only charge light will be on
12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for 30 seconds.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
i tried it and its the same the power light is on and the wlan light is orange and then the only light on is wlan and it is light blue and orange and it makes a buzzing noise
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of the notebook ( from the service tag underneath your notebook ) - see Here for a further explanation.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
product WA980UA#ABA
MODEL CQ61-411WM
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you have more than one Memory Module installed, try the following - if there is only 1 module, try it in the other aavailable slot.

With reference to the link below, remove one of your memory modules and then see if the notebook will boot.  If it doesn't, try the same module, but in the other slot.  If is still doesn't boot, try the other memory module in both slots, to see if any combination will allow the notebook to start.

The procedure for removing these modules is detailed starting on Page 56 of your Maintenance & Service Guide.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
ok i tried to take 1 out it didnt work i put it back in and took out the other 1 didnt work i switched them it still didnt work it did the same thing
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try removing the WLAN Module - see Page 57 of your Maintenance & Service Guide - and check if the notebook will start without this component installed.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
i tried removing it and turning on the computer nothung happened i tried chargin it the same thing happened
HP Recommended

Hi,

In that case, the best suggestion I can give would be to take the notebook to a local computer shop and get a diagnosis ( and estimate for the cost of repair ) - As this looks like a Hardware issue on the MB, you'll need someone to physically look over the machine to find the fault.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.