Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Compaq CQ61 won’t turn on if the battery is low on power down, even if I connect the power cable and try to start up from the mains.  If I leave it for a while (a day or so) it will kick in start and as long as the battery is charged to 25% min when I switch it off, its ok.  My recommendation is therefore NOT to ever by another Compaq laptop  It is like buying a car that after a while you cant get into because the keys work intermittently.  Any modern electrical device that is not able to switch on is absolutely inexcusable least you forget (Compaq) a mandatory prerequisite.

HP Recommended

i installed Windows10 on my laptop and new battery in Aug and no trouble really. Has Office 2013. i've had the machine from new. Turned on as usual yesterday and nothing. i took to Curry's and tested with their adapter still wouldnt come on.

Any ideas?

thank you

Kim

HP Recommended

i am taking laptop to get assessed but wondered if anyone could give me the heads up on the problem. PC World said it could be something minor that is loose.

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.