Question

Student
mikeouch
Message 1 of 2 (1,111 Views)
Accepted Solution

my g60 laptop doesn't display on my sony bravia TV when I hook them up via HDMI?

I have an HP G60 104CA Laptop running windows vista and a 60hz, 46" 1080p Sony Bravia Television. I tried to hook up my laptop via HDMI to my TV however i'm not getting a display. My Wife has an Asus laptop also running windows vista and i had no problems getting it to display on the tv.

Is there a special device driver i need to connect the HP laptop to the tv or maybe a simple setting that needs to be changed?

The Asus has an intel intigrated chipset while my HP has Nvidia Graphics making the display settings on both vista laptops different.

Also, i have downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers so they are fully up to date.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 2 (1,104 Views)

Re: my g60 laptop doesn't display on my sony bravia TV when I hook them up via HDMI?

Hi,

Download and install the latest version of Quick Launch Buttons on the link below.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46731.exe

When you've installed this, reboot the PC.  When windows is up and running again, connect your PC to your Tv, press fn+f4 and select Projector Only and hit enter to tranfer the video and audio output to the Tv.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation