Question

Student
patterson1202
Message 1 of 3 (442 Views)

my pavilion g7 series has dark screen

I can barely see anything on my screen . is the backlight possibly bad?

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

Re: my pavilion g7 series has dark screen

[ Edited ]

More likely the power inverter usually near the bottom of the screen on the inside of the plastic casing. Probably less than a $20 part but you will have to be a bit adventurous to open up the plastic case around the screen, locate the power inverter, order the correct part, replace it and put it all back together without putting a screwdriver through the screen.

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

Distinguished Professor
Danjen
Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)

Re: my pavilion g7 series has dark screen

[ Edited ]

What is your exact model?

At about 4:37 into this you can see the power inverter (long thin circuit board with wires plugged into it looking toward the left side as the screen appears in the video (actually the bottom of the screen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GA5E-sMEV8A#t=0s

Here are general instructions like making sure you remove the battery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nyn1hZHeSXQ#t=3s

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation