Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I have just registered only to post here as I am facing exactly same issue with my probook 470 G1 (HD4600 and Radeon HD 8750). It came with preinstalled Win 8 SLx64 and all the drivers. Unit had same issues with programs (Photoshop, some vst plugins inside DAWs)  not detecting dGPU for openCL. I did my research and discovered that this is common with 470s. Being that unit works well asside this issue I decided to keep it anyway as I mostly need it for audio work . I replaced hdd with ssd and installed fresh Win 8.1 SLx64 (it picked serial from bios to activate) and all the drivers etc. Issue with openCL was there again. I did take time to try all the drivers possible, updated bios and Windows... I ended up disabling hybrid graphics and uninstalling ATI drivers as I found that...

This is AMD/Intel problem. AMD doesn't have driver that can work  with 4th generation Intel HD graphics, see attached capture from AMD's site.

Capture.PNG

So, bios update with fixed mode, please HP, make dGPUs in this units usable.

And please, make this new bios offer shutdown after re-enabling hybrid graphics and saving settings (like it does for switching other devices on or off) because dGPU will only appear in device manager after forcing shutdown, removing battery and pressing power buton to empty all the capacitors and powering on again.

HP Recommended

Is there any news to this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.