Question
screen light dimness
Replies (267)

Intern
lunfardo
Message 161 of 268 (141 Views)

Re: screen light dimness

yes i can most definitely open other pdf files, why you ask?  also, just finished troublehooting and found out that all browsers are having the same issue with plugins from screenshot saying i didnt have proper plugins.  with all browsers i can watch youtube with no issues.  no, its the first time i want to watch the local news for only london from bbc.  oh, by the way i enjoy troubleshooting with you. 

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 162 of 268 (137 Views)

I was just wondering if others could open, based on the nature of the issue. When you get the error about the attachment that will not open, what exactly are you trying to open?

In respect to the BBC video issue, it is simply a plugin issue for the website, since YouTube is fine. I located a BBC website which indicates the plugins that are required to watch their videos: What plug-ins do I need?

I enjoy troubleshooting with you! Thanks for the compliment! :smileyhappy:

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Intern
lunfardo
Message 163 of 268 (135 Views)

like the pdf files that you sent which i had no issues with!  the pdf files that you sent me were fine but for some reason some pdf files from people that i dont know just dont work for some reason!!!!!!!!  what do you think?????   

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 164 of 268 (131 Views)

Sometimes, the PDF can be corrupt or contain a virus. Also, it can sometimes just be an incompatible format that cannot be registered. If you could, please tell me the file extensions of what you are trying to open.

* A file extension is the last three or four letters after a file, past the period in the name. Example.pdf or Example.jpeg are examples.

Mario

Intern
lunfardo
Message 165 of 268 (126 Views)

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 166 of 268 (123 Views)

Unfortunately, that doesn't help me. I would have to see the PDF itself and the file extension to gain any information from it. It is going to be hard to troubleshoot without it.

Mario

Intern
lunfardo
Message 167 of 268 (120 Views)

ill get back to you on that, but on another note, how can i transfer images that are on my c drive over to a usb flash drive which is a little tube or stick called kingston????  i want to not only transfer but move all of my images from my computer to instead a kingston flash drive stick or tube so it will no longer be on my computer............  how can one do this without damaging anything on computer or losing the images that one wants to store on a little usb stick????  

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 168 of 268 (118 Views)

Just to clarify: You want to transfer files from the computer to the USB stick, and delete the files from the computer. Is that correct?

If so, all you have to do is right-click on whatever you want to transfer. When you right-click on it, select "Cut". Then, open the USB stick, right-click and select "Paste". Let me know if this helps!

Mario

Intern
lunfardo
Message 169 of 268 (110 Views)

yeah, but if i have lots and lots of images, how can i do this simultaneously then????????  all at once.  rather than one by one????

Retired
SuperMario1
Message 170 of 268 (106 Views)

If you drag your mouse over a number of icons, you can cut and paste that select group of programs. For more information on this, please reference this Computer Hope article: How do I select or highlight multiple files?

Mario

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation