screen light dimness (890 Views)
Intern
lunfardo
Message 1 of 268 (890 Views)
Accepted Solution

screen light dimness

if i have adjusted the computer screen to be much brighter, will this diminish battery life or for that matter anything else that has to do with my computers hardware??????????????  can someone please tell me.  thank you. 

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 2 of 268 (860 Views)

Re: screen light dimness

Hello lunfardo,

Thanks for posting on the HP Forums!

I understand you are inquiring about what will occur due to the screen being brighter. I will provide the best information I can!

The brighter the screen, the more the battery will be used. This will always be the case. The only thing a bright display will cause is a little more wear-and-tear on the battery and display. It's good to note, though, that the wear will not be a lot.

Please respond and let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks and have a great day!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
lunfardo
Message 3 of 268 (855 Views)

but what if the battery is not in use assuming the screen is really bright and im using the computer in corded mode only????   rsvp.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 4 of 268 (852 Views)

If the battery is not being used while the screen is bright, then the battery is not affected. The only part of the computer that will wear, under this environment, is the display and the power adapter. However, the wear is very small and minimal.

Please let me know if you require any more clarification. Thanks!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
lunfardo
Message 5 of 268 (833 Views)

im sorry to bother but im having trouble connecting my gmail account with microsoft outlook 2010 email client!  it keeps telling me something about an isp or email administrator knowing the settings!  im not paying for internet but instead sharing a connection with the person who is............  why cant i make gmail work together with microsoft outlook 2010 email client???????????  can you please help me?  rsvp.  thank you.  p.s. look at this, http://www.wikihow.com/Access-Gmail-in-Outlook-2010

http://www.wikihow.com/Access-Gmail-in-Outlook-2010

Intern
lunfardo
Message 6 of 268 (830 Views)

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 268 (810 Views)

It's alright. You can continue to bother me as long as you want!

In regards to the first link, regarding how to connect the programs, have you tried all three prescribed methods? If you have, can you please indicate what step you get stuck on and why?

In regards to the second link, regarding Gmail, what about do you not understand? If there are certain sections that don't make sense, please pinpoint those sections and I can explain them to you.

Thanks again,

Mario

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
lunfardo
Message 8 of 268 (806 Views)

its as though i keep getting locked out for some reason!!!!!!  ive already checked my password and username and the only thing that i can suspect are my settings but apart from that there is something really disturbing about this.  why does it keep mentioning an isp provider or email administrator???????????  i only copay for the internet service because im sharing it with someone!  i guess what i dont understand is why microsoft outlook 2010 cant simply automatically configure with my gmail account?????   rsvp. 

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 9 of 268 (802 Views)

What are you referring to when you state you are getting "locked" out of the system? Any settings that you can adjust are located in the first link you provided, which is the WikiHow page. If Gmail requires certain permissions, I would contact their phone support so they can apply those permissions.

The program can't automatically link because they are two separate programs. Outlook really is great, because you can manually add other accounts to it. I'm sure in a few years, an automatic program like that will be released.

Mario

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
lunfardo
Message 10 of 268 (793 Views)

then why does it mention to get in contact with the internet service provider or email administrator for settings then????????????  this is the part i dont understand!!!!  the internet service provider is not under my name.  im only copaying to share a wifi connection, im not the owner per say.  lets assume that i have to do everything manually, then why is it still not working then??????  RSVP. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation