switchable graphic adapter & catalyst control center (822 Views)
Honor Student
mintsplash
Message 1 of 3 (822 Views)

switchable graphic adapter & catalyst control center

hi,

i did hp tune up end of october;

then i noticed; error message "catalyst control center : host application stopped working";

only integrated graphic adapter detected by device manager;

when i do right click on desktop screen; there is NO switchable graphic OPTIONS on the top of pop up window; which usually appear before

i tried to re-install hp graphic driver for my notebook, but it doesnot work at all;

can somebody help ? thanks

hardware is : dv6-6036tx running windows 7 64bits

Distinguished Professor
kamatr
Message 2 of 3 (811 Views)

Re: switchable graphic adapter & catalyst control center

Click Start  and enter Recovery in the search field. Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens.

Click  Hardware driver re-installation , Next , and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall hardware drivers for the display.

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
Honor Student
mintsplash
Message 3 of 3 (691 Views)

Re: switchable graphic adapter & catalyst control center

hi kamat,

thanks for your reply;

after i did the steps to reinstall hadware driver installation;

there is still no options to switch my graphics from integrated mobile HD into amd 1 gb dedicated adapter;

i checked with device manager, it only recognised hd intel mobile (integrated graphic).

other problem is i dont know whether this is related or not; but suddenly my stock trading application stopped working.

previously running under integrated graphic mode

this is about the same time the graphics cannot be switched

i just stopped; can be lauched but do not want to connect to the remote server;

any other solution plse ??

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation