Question

Honor Student
helpless4
Message 1 of 5 (136 Views)
Accepted Solution

the screen size changed on my desktop only on my envy touchscreen.

I have a new hp envy touchscreen laptop.  On the desktop on windows 8 the size of text and picture has changed.  Only on this portion.  How do I get it to change back?

Retired
Futoji
Message 2 of 5 (79 Views)

Re: the screen size changed on my desktop only on my envy touchscreen.

Hello helpless4, welcome to the HP Forums.

It appears that the size of text and picture have changed on your desktop. I will try to help you with this.

What's the model and product numbers for your notebook?
What exactly do you mean, could you provide screenshots?
Is this just the desktop or other applications etc?

Do you remember changing any settings? Did it change after doing an update of something?

It could be possible that the resolution has increased or decreased making everything larger or smaller depending on what the previous settings were.

I look forward to your reply.
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
helpless4
Message 3 of 5 (75 Views)

I have a Envy Touchsmart M6 K025dx  sleelbook.  On the start screen there is a window that says desktop.  Only in this screen do I have this problem.  I think I did it myself somehow but don't know how.   Therefore, I don't know how to fix it.  I have made the resolutions higher so don't think that is it.  Thanks for your help.

Retired
Futoji
Message 4 of 5 (47 Views)

Hi,

It could be somthing simple like zooming, this can be done accidently an easily.

If you hold ctrl and scroll with you mouse, it will zoom in on the screen/application you're using and it sounds like you're looking at the start screen in Windows 8. Which you can zoom in on. Check this next.

I worked on behalf of HP.
Honor Student
helpless4
Message 5 of 5 (43 Views)

Thank you.  That worked.  I appreciate you help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation